Saturday, February 05, 2005

Four Easy Steps .... Oh Yeah?? - Who said?

Four easy steps is what it said on the box ....

I wanted to network three computers in the house ... so I got the necessary software and hardware from my local computer retailer.

Four easy steps it may be for youngsters


But at my grand old age of 52 this stuff does not come naturally - I have to work at it.

To cut a long story short I ended up calling in two IT youngsters who sorted out the system and got us up and running so that all computers in the house can be on the net at the same time - all can talk to each other and all can print on either of the two printers in the house


BRILLIANT ... I thought

That was fine for two hours .. then the problems started which means I am having to call back the two lads to sort me out again

The language used in the Four Easy Steps guide is about as simple as reading the theory of relativity and frankly I do not understand a word of it ....

I am pretty sure most people my age will struggle with this new language of I.T. .... but I am really impressed by the way youngsters talk and understand this langauge.

Don't get me wrong;


I love I.T.
I love the Web
I love e mail - I live and die in my business through the use of e mail which I beleive is the most fantastic development in communications in my lifetime

BUT PLEASE CAN SOMEONE FIND A WAY TO PRODUCE SIMPLE LANGUAGE THAT PEOPLE LIKE ME UNDERSTAND !!!

AHA ... computers for Dummies!!! ...what an original idea ..must visit my local bookstore

Happy Saturday

No comments: