Just to continue for a little while the nice feeling for getting a mention in the New York Times I am re-producing today my original posting from back in November. There have already been terrific comments but maybe some people haven’t seen this. I would love more comments.
My completely random thought for today has been about the features of the best and worst bosses I had during my long healthcare management career. So here goes ......
My best bosses
- inspired confidence
- were humble
- had integrity
- knew what they were talking about
- let me get on with things
- were always there when I needed help
- usually said ‘yes, try it’
My worst bosses
- never seemed to be around when I needed them
- always asked me to justify what I wanted to do
- always wanted to know what I was doing
- often said ‘no, we can’t do that'
- gave the impression of being distrustful
- didn’t smile much
- talked about themselves a lot
What features can you add to either list?