Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The Positive Side of Life

  • Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.
  • How long a minute is depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
  • Birthdays are good for you; the more you have the longer you live.
  • Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open.
  • You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
  • Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.
  • Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened.
  • We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colours....but they all exist very nicely in the same box.

Annie and I just wanted to share these thoughts with you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Annie and Trevor. I like having a positive attitude in life. As a Ph.D. candidate in philosophy I usually talk to some philosophers who have a negative approach to life, existentialist and tragic people. Sometimes they tell me how i can be optimistic and confident. I suppose it depends on one´s natural disposition.

Trevor Gay said...

Thanks Felix - we all meet people who make us feel good simply by their presence in the room ...and we all meet those other people who have the opposite effect.

I am in the 'half full glass' rather than the 'half empty glass' camp everytime.

That of course has its downside because sometimes in life we can be disappointed ...but personally I would always rather look for the good in people and things and be opitmistic

I rememebr seeing a sign once that said "If you see someone around here without a smile lend them one of yours'

Happy Friday my friend - good to be back blogging!!