Thursday, February 17, 2005

Seek out Great Mentors

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Mark Twain

I love that ...

I guess as a 'half full glass' person I would agree with Mark Twain but it feels close to reality in my experience.

I got tired of people saying why things can't be done.

There is little wonder so many people give up in the face of negative feedback and being told
  • "We can't do that here"
  • "That won't work we tried it before"
  • "Your idea is far too radical to introduce"
  • "We must not put ourselves in a position where we might be criticised".
Amen to Mark Twain - what we can do as individuals is find great people who encourage us and not put us down.

Truly great people will recognise the passion someone has for their ambition and great idea

Truly great people recognise that they were probably the same - they probably had a dream that became reaility.

How many millions of ideas world wide are lost because people have been discouraged rather than encouraged.

Yes I believe it really is that simple.

No comments: