Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Malcolm's New Blog!

Malcolm pictured with his son at the launch of "Its a Goal" at Manchester United Football Club in 2006

My friend Malcolm McClean – well known entrepreneur and Director of Bearhunt has started a Blog.


In 2005 Malcolm wrote “Bear Hunt – Earn Your Living by Doing What You Love” published by Capstone, which has since been translated into Chinese; Turkish; Romanian; Korean; and a special version has been created for the Indian market. Malcolm says “You would expect me to say this, but these principles really work – whenever I get stuck or distracted I get a coffee and re-read Bear Hunt myself as a reminder to keep on doing what I’ve been doing. Ever since that momentous decision to do great things with great people, I’ve been able to do something that we all should aspire to – earn my living just by doing what I love.”


Malcolm is not only one of the most creative thinkers I’ve come across in business but crucially he is also a ‘doer’ – he gets results.

Among his achievements Malcolm was the founder of the brilliant initiative “It’s a Goal” which engages young men in football to reduce the incidence of depression in a target group of the population where depression is often ‘kept under the carpet’ and not talked about. The initiative now involves 4 professional football clubs in England including my beloved Manchester United.


Malcolm’s new Blog can be seen at this link http://www.bearhunt.org.uk/Blog/


I’m sure you will enjoy reading it and I hope you will respond to Malcolm’s views.


5 comments:

JOHN O'LEARY said...

Good lead on an interesting blog. You're quite the talent scout, Mr. Gay.

Hey, what are you listening to for rock & roll these days? Surprise me this time, please. :-)

Trevor Gay said...

Thanks John - Malcolm is a brilliant entrepreneur - I'm proud to know him - he is a doer unlike so many people who talk a good case but donot actually do anything - you know the sort!

As regards music - as always I'm listening to the alternative "fab four" from your side of the pond!

We have a fabulous concert coming up at our church featuring Graham Kendrick who is also touring the US.

Graham is a brilliant composer, writer, singer - take a look at this you tube clip John which features Graham best known hymn - would be interested to hear your views.

Graham has been described as a ‘father of modern worship music.’ For more than 30 years he has been at the forefront of Christian music in the UK having written and recorded hundreds of songs, many of which are well known around the world, including Shine Jesus Shine, Knowing You, The Servant King and Amazing Love.

Trevor Gay said...

Ooops sorry John - this is the you tube link

click here

JOHN O'LEARY said...

Trevor, I liked your "alternative fab four" a lot more when they were the fab five - with Don Felder.

I hadn't heard of Kendrick but he has a nice voice. My favorite pure singer from your side of the pond is Karan Casey, featured below with James Taylor. (I'm 100% Irish, if you hadn't guessed. One of many reasons I like Lennon-McCartney so much is their Irish DNA, which comes through loud & clear in their songs.) In case the following URL doesn't post right, just google "YouTube, Karan Casey, James Taylor."

http://video.google.com/videosearch?client=safari&rls=en&q=youtube+karan+casey&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=AzYRS8DWN8G2lAfIjJyxAg&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBAQqwQwAA#client=safari&rls=en&q=youtube+karan+casey&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=AzYRS8DWN8G2lAfIjJyxAg&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBAQqwQwAA&start=10&view=2&qvid=youtube+karan+casey&vid=7035041636941525118

But back to Malcolm... Mr. Bearhunt is someone to keep an eye on. Thanks.

Trevor Gay said...

Thanks for the tip John - I'll look them up my friend :-)