Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Welcome to Simplicity 2006

It feels like we are getting back to something resembling normality after the Christmas and New Year celebrations.

This year I want to promote Simplicity wider still. I am always on the look out for opportunities to write and promote Simplicity thoughts with the intention of making business, leadership and management more understandable to the majority of people. Please let me have your ideas about how I can promote Simplicity.

On a personal front I hope to see my new grandson Sebastian continue to thrive and travel that wonderful individual journey of discovery we all make. He is now 8 months old and crawling. Isn’t it incredible how with each passing milestone our children move away from us as parents and begin to find their own way in life?

From the moment of birth it seems to me children psychologically ‘move away’ from us. Steven Covey describes how we move from a state of dependence to independence and then to another state called interdependence.

I suppose interdependence could be a very formal sounding word to describe love and that brings me nicely to my greatest wish for 2006 – the continuing love I have with and for Annie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you rock

Trevor Gay said...

Thank you ...whoever you are .... and a Simplicity New Year to you sir or madam :-)

Keep it simple.

Rocky said...

Your dogged determination has really made Simplicity take off in 2005. I am sure it will continue to grow. Keep up the good work. You really could develop the idea of how you have spread simplicity. it is amazing that it has come from a thought to a topic that is discussed round the world in such a short span of time. keep going.