It just seems somehow appropriate to post this at a time in our history when it seems to me there is a lot of self interest.
Please don't misunderstand - I’m not on a mission to convert anyone, so take it or leave it – that’s fine by me - but I hope you find the time to read it.
This was found written on the wall in Mother Teresa's home for children in Calcutta:
· People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered ... forgive them anyway.
· If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives... be kind anyway.
· If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies... succeed anyway.
· If you are honest and sincere people may cheat you... be honest and sincere anyway.
· What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight... build anyway.
· If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous... be happy anyway.
· The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow... do good anyway.
· Give the world the best you have, and it will never be enough... give the world the best you've got anyway.
· You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God...
It was never between you and them anyway.