Wednesday, May 10, 2006

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" Leonardo da Vinci

"Genius is the ability to reduce the complicated to the simple"C.W. Ceran

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler"Albert Einstein

"Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity"Charles Mingus

"The aspects of things that are most important to us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity"Prof. Ludwig Wittgenstein

5 comments:

Mike Gardner said...

Speaking of simple, it shouldn't be so difficult to manage an Internet Service, should it? I mean, the hardware tech is only almost 100 years old and should be bug free by now. And two weeks to get switched to a new provider? Yikes! We can change providers with almost no noticeable disruption in service here in the "states." You have my sympathy.

Anonymous said...

Great quotes, Trevor! I've got a small collection of similar quotes over at my Simplicity Cycle site as well (www.TheSimplicityCycle.com).
cheers!
- Dan

Trevor Gay said...

Thanks Mike and Dan - appreciate your comments. I can feel an article coming on about 'LIES in the name of customer service.'

Watch this space I will name names!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Trevor !
After visiting your site a long back. I bought & read your book on Simplicity a key and am very much impressed by your writing.

Thanks a lot once again.

Dinesh.
http://www.my-quotes-collection.blogspot.com

Trevor Gay said...

Many thanks Dinesh and glad you liked the book. Your site is great - I have saved it as a favoutrite. Quotes are so inpsiring for me - I use them all the time in my work and in my talks.

Best wishes - Trevor