Thursday, April 01, 2010

Enjoy the Easter break

Happy Easter everyone

It’s been really hectic for the last few weeks – seems like I’m living on trains. Yet again I have to report they have been very reliable and punctual.

Came across this wonderful Martin Luther king quote recently that I wanted to share with you:

“Cowardice asks the question 'Is it safe?' Expediency asks the question 'Is it politic?' But conscience asks the question, 'Is it right?' And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but because conscience tells one it is right.” Martin Luther King

What a wonderful wordsmith MLK was and how sad that he died so young.

2 comments:

hucknjim said...

Trevor,

I would venture to call Martin Luther King a prophet of the 20th century, although only God knows that. I admired him back in the 60's and carry his lessons with me to this day. May he rest in peace.

John

Trevor Gay said...

Wonderful tribute to Mr King - thank you John. God will indeed decide and I'm with you Sir.