Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Survey Failure

Many jokes and chain e-mails in my Inbox end up in the trash can.

This was received from Karen - one of Annie's friends and was worth keeping and sharing methinks. I hope you find it as interesting and amusing as we did. Thank you Karen.

Last month, the U.N. conducted a worldwide survey.

The only question asked was:"Would you please give your honest opinion about solutions to World Food shortages?"

The survey was a huge failure:

  • In Eastern Europe they didn't know what 'honest' meant.
  • In Western Europe they didn't know what 'shortage' meant.
  • In Africa they didn't know what 'food' meant.
  • In Eastern China they didn't know what 'opinion' meant.
  • In the Middle East they didn't know what 'solution' meant.
  • In South America they didn't know what 'please' meant.
  • And of course, In the USA, they didn't know what 'rest of the world' meant.

5 comments:

Sriram said...

Trevor,

That was absolutely fabulous!! Excellent Joke!! I did fwd this to a few of my pals and had a tremendous feedback (instant response!)..."Laughter is the best Medicine" indeed!

Trevor Gay said...

I thought so too Sriram - one of the best I have seen I think .... and yes of course laughter and smiling beats all the pills and medicines in the world!!

Anonymous said...

That´s a good one, Trevor. Very wise.

Pepsicology said...

:-D

Anonymous said...

I don't get it...