Friday, July 14, 2006

The 'Ostrich Approach' to Customer Care


Simplicity thought for the day

Why do companies still fail to ‘get it’ about customer care?

Let me make it very simple - If you do not deliver excellence in customer care your customer now has a totally free way of telling everyone in the world about just how crap you are. I have come to the conclusion that companies who continue to insult customers through arrogance have not yet heard of the Internet and Blogging.

Yes of course we have to be selective about what we actually believe when we read Blogs. But I don’t believe you have to be that smart to work out whether someone is speaking (writing) from the heart or not.

My point is that the arrogance shown by some companies is at the very least surprising in techie-based 2006 and at worst it is staggering that they simply have not yet ‘got it’ about Blogs. I can only assume they work on the basis ‘no one will get to hear about it really’

How naïve can you get?

8 comments:

Trevor Gay said...

Sad to hear that Pie - I had much the same experience when I dealt with complaints in the NHS. Too often I found myself totally in agreement with the person complaining. This was one of the things that made me realise I was in the wrong place. As I could not change things I left. I appreciate it is not easy for everyone to make that decision – but it is better to be ‘alive’ out of it than ‘dead’ in a set up that does not value its customers.

Trevor Gay said...

Thanks gentleman-hobbs - My cooking is not great :-)

I love Blogging and I am amazed how little others really know abut the concept and its potential. Through Blogging I have more virtual friends than friends I have met physically and they are all round the world - it's a great journey - let me know what you think of my Blog anytime you like!

Mike Gardner said...

Trevor--I realize there is no such thing as the perfect analogy, but come on--that's a goose!

Trevor Gay said...

It's as authentic as I could get Mike!! 'Google images' came up with the Goose!!

I was never a detail man :-)

Trevor Gay said...

There you are Mike - I've changed it! :-)

Mike Gardner said...

At least it's not a dead parrot! That Python skit wouldn't be so funny if it weren't so true!

Trevor Gay said...

Hi Mike

Now your talking!! Monty Python - classic.

John Cleese is my favorite comic. Did you ever see Fawlty Towers?

hotmail customer Service number said...

Nice Blog , thanks for sharing the information