Friday, October 07, 2005

This was work???!!!!

I was doing some work on Wednesday and the venue was – Old Trafford, ‘Theatre of Dreams’ – home of my beloved Manchester United Football Club.

There are a few pictures below.


The stadium is incredible. I was talking to one of the staff and he told me the stadium upgrade happening now will mean there will be 75000 seating capacity – just awesome!

The conference suites are majestic. I just had to keep pinching myself to remind myself this was a day at work

Up the Reds!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can actually get 75,000 people to watch guys in short pants running about missing goals? Unbelievable!

(Just kidding ;-)

Trevor Gay said...

We English are very easily pleased Mike :-)

Anonymous said...

Well, here in Michigan you can get 60,000 people (plus a couple million through the TV) to watch our local football heroes, the Detroit Lions, throw incomplete passes, fumble, and otherwise embarass themselves week after week. We must be gluttons for punishment. Thank the Lord for hockey--Go Wings!

Trevor Gay said...

Thank God for sporting heroes aye? :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Trevor!
75K? How does it compare to other stadiums in the UK?

Trevor Gay said...

Hi there Gabriel - Old Trafford is the largest football stadium in the UK - an awesome place that has loads of history

Anonymous said...

Yes... I have been looking at the MU website... lots of history! I'll start appreciating football (a.k.a. "Soccer") more. Just for kicks -pun intended-, I'll become a MU fan. Let's see... first I have to learn the name of all the other teams and the name of the MU players.

Anonymous said...

I'm watching a delayed broadcast of the England-Austria game at Old Trafford. That place looks huge!