Friday, July 01, 2005

Perception really is ALL we have - end of story

I have come to believe that perception is actually all that we have to work with.

Excusing those who are colour blind ....If I see grass as red then it is red in my perception and as many times as you tell me it is green makes no difference – to me it is red – end of story.

Nowadays I am less comfortable with words like right and wrong and more comfortable with words like difference.

It is simply not good enough any more to tell people there is only one way to look at anything. I think it is good to have an open mind about possibillities.

If you want a neat little example of this take a look at the piece below - you may have seen it before but it always makes me smile and realise there is always more than one way to see things.

Have a great weekend

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae.The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihsis bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

amzanig huh?

No comments: