Friday, June 08, 2007

Screw it Lets Do It

Next week Monday to Friday I am on the road travelling to various parts of England for work. Life feels good and a lot more varied than the ‘old days’ of going into my NHS office – the same environment, day in, day out.

This feels much better and far more interesting … and if nothing else, I am becoming something of a rail travel expert!

Yesterday while I waited for my (ironically enough) Virgin Train at Birmingham New Street Railway Station at 6.30 am I bought Richard Branson's book 'Screw it Let's Do It - Expanded'

I'm only 40 pages in and already completely hooked.

From the first few pages here are some of Sir Richard's words – Simplicity and music to my ears!!
  • Most red tape is a tangled mess of utterly useless nonsensical jargon.
  • I won’t let silly rules stop me.
  • I will find a legal way around rules.

On my travels next week I will finish reading the book – if I can resist reading it over the weekend!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came to know that this book is one of the best book but I can not efford to buy it. This book is not available in liabrary in India where I could read with very small amount. Any way it is my bad luck.
Sunil Yadav
sunilpune2002@gmail.com

Suunil Yadav said...

I came to know that this book is one of the best book but I can not efford to buy it. This book is not available in liabrary in India where I could read with very small amount. Any way it is my bad luck.
Sunil Yadav
sunilpune2002@gmail.com

Trevor Gay said...

Thank you Sunil - I do hope you can get hold of the book somehow :-)