Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Skype TV Next?

I am not a technology expert.

In fact I am pretty useless understanding technical aspects of the modern technology. I just love using the stuff.

We use SKYPE regularly and have free internet phone calls with friends in America, Spain, Canada and of course back home here in Britain. These are a mixture of business and personal calls. We can have up to four people on line all over the world for conference calls and it is all free through SKYPE. Yes I said FREE!

Please don’t ask me to explain how it works - I don't know - just take my word for it. If you need to be convinced just download the software free at this site(click here) and try it yourself.

Anyway... moving on ...

It seems now that SKYPE are getting into Television and although this report (click here) on the BBC News website says that it probably won’t catch on I am not so sure.

I think we should watch that space ... my money is on SKYPE making a success of it.

Who knows I may be able to watch telly on my PC while I am working!! .. Yes I know I should get out more.

4 comments:

Dmitry Linkov said...

Skype is great! What do you think about small talk tomorrow in midday?)

Trevor Gay said...

Hi Dmitry - Hope you are well. Yep Thursday lunchtime will be fine. And apologies to you - I should have said in my posting 'my friend in Russia' too!!

Anonymous said...

I tried out skype. it's great. Several of my friends use it too. Great way to stay in touch without rising phone bills. Toner

Trevor Gay said...

Thank t.z. - I imagine traditional telecom companies are worried and television companies will be looking at this latest development closely I have no doubt. Good for customers though if prices can be forced down. No complaints from me about SKYPE undercutting telecom companies