Thursday, May 26, 2005

Phew - what a match!!!

What can I say?

Liverpool were awesome - that must be the comeback to end all comebacks.


When half time arrived and Liverpool were 3-0 I thought it was all over - like everyone I'm sure - and if Liverpool could have escaped with a 4 or 5 goal beating that would have been the best they could expect.

Three goals in six minutes early in the second half and from that point on Liverpool always looked the more likely winners.

How brilliant that they won the penalty shoot out after that comeback - it would have been an injustice to have lost after that.

Don't forget AC Milan too - they helped make this a great advert for the 'wonderful game' and typified all that is good about our national game - long live football.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely a Terrific match. Soccer has put some epic matches on the past couple of weeks. It has been good for the sport. very exciting and the best thing is that we can all gear up at this point and cheer for teams again next season with new vigor and brighter expectations. This time next year we will no doubt be celebrating the Reds championship.

Trevor Gay said...

Well said Rocky - the time to fear Sir Alex Ferguson MOST is when his back is against the wall as it is now - watch the Reds next season - we could win the treble!!!

I take nothing away from Liverpool - they were awesome!

Anonymous said...

I actually fell asleep the first time I was watching the match. Fortunately for me it is playing on taped rerun several times. so I did get the see the whole thing. Very exciting don't you think?

Trevor Gay said...

It was - as you would say my friend a T.E.R.R.I.F.I.C. advert for soccer

Anonymous said...

I have to say I really got a kick out of Dudeks style at Goalie. He could become a professional dancer.