Monday, May 16, 2005

It is ok to have fun at work

My friend Felix Gerena has a Blog I recommend http://www.felixgerena.com/

Today Felix has posted a very interesting comment about 'branding' which seems to be the flavour of the month in management speak.

Felix mentions the need for fun to be present in the workplace.

I say thank you and Amen to that Felix - I have always found the best workplaces in my career to be those where people smile. We also liked to have the odd practical joke that made work a more interesting place to be.

The serious side to fun is that if you have a happy workforce the bottom line is more likely to be achieved.

  • I am not advocating lack of professionalism.
  • I am saying we are all adults and know where to draw the line between having a good laugh and taking liberties or showing a lack of professionalism.
  • I am simply saying it is not compulsory to be serious and miserable at work!!!

Have a good laugh this week at work you will probably find it is infectious.

No comments: