Sunday, April 17, 2005

Call me Grandad

I'm really proud to announce that my first grandchild, Sebastian, was born around 10.45pm, Saturday 16th April.

My "little" girl, Nadine, her fiancé, Laurie, and young Sebastian are all doing well but knackered after a 47-hour labour!

I've ordered Seb's first Manchester United shirt and I look forward to seeing him play at Old Trafford in 16 years time! (Like all good managers, I've already set his objectives!)

I have to say, Annie has been particularly patient and tolerant of me, the anxious expectant grandfather, for the last 47 and three quarter hours.

All this makes me realise that the things that matter most are actually nothing to do with our work and careers, but to do with those closest to us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trevor

You must be "busting at the seams!"
Look out for another roller coaster ride. Kids can do that, can't they?

Although, I'm 52 also, my children have just turned 20 and 18 years old. I just told a new neighbor yesterday that I'm very sad because I miss having "children."
Now, I'm the parent of adults.

You said "All this makes me realise that the things that matter most are actually nothing to do with our work and careers, but to do with those closest to us."

Gleaning what I've read from your blogs, you already realized(American spelling :))what matters most.
Yes, this is where our truest and deepest happiness lies.

Congratulations to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Oh hello Grandpa ..are we going for the football game tonite ?? :)-

Hey Trevour, congrat Dude.. All the best to you and your family.

May Little Seb be blessed in walking the scared path of life with honour, love and compassion.

Trevor Gay said...

Thank you Susan and thank you Peter - I appreciate your kind words.

The birth of new life is a fantastic thing to bring one back to the absolute basics of what really is important.

Best wishes to you both

Trevor